Old 12-30-2023, 07:00 PM
Gone Flying
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: UNA

Originally Posted by blue vortex View Post
I agree with this analysis. The 359's are getting an 11,000 pound weight increase this month. Also, there's gonna be a 1 to 2% fuel reduction updates made to the airplane. Also, the reduction of 31 seats from the airplane will help the load carrying. What nobody can tell me is if we get a widebody order where exactly are we going to fly these planes? While the Atlantic is fairly strong, we've got that market kind of sewn up. Asia is basically making money but generally weak. All I can see happening is a few more niche cities in Europe, and maybe more frequencies to shanghai as that opens up more. I foresee a 20 airplane order of 359's maybe 10 of which are 35K. And it'll just be replacements in the 2030 to 2032 timeframe for 764s and 763s. After all, we already have orders for approximately 16 more 350s and about 18 more 339's to come. I think the hiring thread is indication that the travel market is softening a bit.
UA was the biggest airline to Europe last summer by seats scheduled, so we don’t even lead across the Atlantic, and one glance at our Asia/ Australia/ South America route structure shows there is definitely room for growth in those markets. Throw in 65 767s that are all 20-30 years old and 32 330s not much younger and I don’t think we are as far ahead on the WB deliveries as you seem to think we are.