View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 07:38 PM
brigadeaviator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by Petpai View Post
the company doesn't care about ontime, they care about money. Just like they don't care about being green, they care about saving fuel, money. You can not care more about the customer than the company does. We are owned by an investment company who's only goal is to make money, not be the most loved airline. If being the most loved airline ment more money, that would be the goal. Current goal is least investment with highest return on that investment.

Just do ones job and no more and it all works out. Don't drop the brake early, and dont kill yourself to make up time and get shortcuts. If you timeout you timeout. Fly cost index as that is what they want and don't beg Ops for a gate. Just do your job not the gates or ramps. If thier plan is to have a **** show, they sit back and enjoy the show. It is hard to accept Mediocrity and watch a dumpster fire, but once you are all out of ****s, the job is much more enjoyable. Enjoy the crews you are with. The nice planes, time at home, and still a decent wage for the amout of effort given. I know most folks don't want any advice, but just not carrying about the operations has been great for my job satisfaction, stress, and life enjoyment. I find happiness at home, contentment at work.
I'm with this 100%. Some pilots want to fly ludicrous speed to only sit on the ground waiting for a gate, and still somehow be late because he aircraft at your gate is still under Mx. Back to the topic though I was told the missing piece was also pushing back when still under mx and not yet released.