View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Reroute
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007

[quote=A6ETrammn;374656]
Originally Posted by Reroute View Post

As quoted earlier, splitting hairs. Point is the two companies are not that different, except for the major exodus DAL had prior to the bankruptcy.

The companies do have differences. Delta has twice as much wide bodied flying, more international flying, more aircraft on order, more aircraft on option, a younger more modern fleet and higher pay. NWA has more pilot retirements short term and more aircraft retirements.

That has caused a "potential" issue since NWA has major retirements in the next 5 years where DAL has already experienced them.

We all have issues. Your issue is more retirements, DAL's issues are our larger wide bodied fleet, higher pay and greater number of aircraft on order and options.

Not sure where the options counted in the DAL business plan were ok'd by the NWA merger committee came from, if you have a source I would like to pursue that. In addition, now I'm just relaying what was put out at a meeting, there was no, repeat, no integration method even agreed upon. There were discussions, but nothing was agreed upon therefore there was never a list. So to say that the original list agreed upon included DAL options and then NWA realized oh s@*t is suspect, to say the least.
If by agreed upon you mean ratified, of course there was nothing ultimately agreed upon, if there had been we would already have a negotiated SLI, equity stake for all and joint contract. My understanding is that both committees had agreed in principle on elements of a model that contained future retirements, aircraft orders and options, plus a factor for fleets/contract issues, however, when the model was run and a seniority list generated from that model, the NWA merger committee did not like what it saw and therefore there was no ultimate agreement.

Regardless, it's all water under the bridge, time to move on. We are now working under different, post announcement, environment. The SLI will work itself out in time, there is a policy that governs it, what ought to be a priority at this time is to immediately get to work on a joint contract.