View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 11:37 AM
smellson
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by captkdobbs View Post
Has anyone successfully used this function?

Scenario: a couple of trips in open time last night that I knew, based on RES availability, would need to go out as GS or be broken up. RES coverage is good for the broken trips and I'm in the bulseye for a broken trip. Since they haven't actually broken the trips up yet, I can't 'avoid pairing number' as a YS.

I put in a YS 'Preference Qualifiers To Be Used Only If Needed To Fly' with the specific layover requests of 'NO LAYOVERS IN: JFK LGA EWR' as well as 'MUST LAYOVER IN AT LEAST ONE: AMS'

Low-and-behold, I check daily trip coverage after the run this morning and I'm assigned the ONE trip that lays over in JFK! One Sr. pilot and one Jr. got the AMS trips that would have avoided the JFK layover. WTF, over??

Needless to say, I called CS and explained the situation. They ran it up to the supervisor, verified my YS was indeed in there (and very specific) and swapped trips with the Jr pilot. I'm satisfied with the outcome, but, again, WTF??

Does this function even work?
Honestly I don't think they hardly ever look at it. I'm almost 0% effective at them following my short call if needed requests. Very annoying having to call almost every time to have it corrected. I've never been given any pushback but annoying none the less