View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 08:44 AM
Flyer77CA
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2024
Question AA New Hire – CLT, 737 or A320?

I used the search feature and have not found much recent information in regards to CLT.

Excited to be joining AA, I start indoc in a couple of weeks. This is my first foray into 121 flying.

I would like more information to help choose between 737 or A320. I am interested in trying to get based at CLT asap. That is the main goal. Right now, will plane type make a difference?

Afterwards is one better than the other for new hires for the first 2 years in CLT? Next goal is hopefully to get CA award in 4 years.

Background- I will be living in CHS and will be trying to commute to CLT, it would be a 3hr drive or choose from several direct Non rev. flights the day before (my sugar mom’s job requires us being in CHS).

Reserve QOL – will there be issues with a 3hr driving commute while on short call?

I know it says a reasonable time. I do not want to make the Chief pilots naughty list.

Long call to me would be awesome, how likely is it that I could hold it in the first couple of years in CLT?

What are the different types of flying each AC type (737 vs A320) offers at CLT – average trip lengths, routes/destinations and back to the reserve Qol?

I know the company line is any base in 6 months. I also understand things can change and there is no guarantee in life, 4yrs ago I would have never expected that I’d be able to jump on the 121 train. I am hoping to ride it out for the next 18 or 20 years at AA.

Please let me know if I am overlooking anything else.

Thank you in advance and look forward to your responses!