Old 01-14-2024, 02:14 PM
Timbo
Runs with scissors

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .

Originally Posted by Meme In Command View Post
You were 21 when you got hired dude…you got almost 4 decades in this game. You’re paying for a mortgage this late in the game? That a personal choice and your problem. You’re paying for 4 kids tuition? Very nice of you, seriously but that’s still your choice. And, judging from another comment where you mentioned being in the 777 since the early 2000’s, dude you’ve been making that wide body dough for over 2 decades, you’ve had over 15 years to both adjust your standard of living and fight to restore your retirement.

Now, you admit that extending to 65 had a detrimental effect on retirement benefits, and yet you’re openly advocating for another extension knowing it can/will continue to negatively affect pilot’s ability to bargain for retirement improvements. “Hey, you don’t need that extra % in 401k increase when you can just work a few more years!”.

Lastly, before you blame me for your retirement, blame the management that took it away. Blame the socioeconomic factors at the time that made it happen. Blame your peers that failed to restore it in every contract in the past decade and a half. Blame every other senior dude that took the VEOP and diminished the voting power of pilots in your demographic.

Jesus dude, you literally won the airline career lottery. You made it, you’re #1. Bro if you can’t afford to retire, I’m screwed.
No, I was 26 when I was hired at Delta. There was a guy sitting next to me who was 24 and in the next class there was a guy who was 23, they are now numbers 2 and 3. Every month they text me and ask me what I'm bidding!

Sucks to be them!

Before you get your panties in a wad, again, that was a joke!

But my, you are an angry little troll, aren't you! (Summon my Elf voice!)