Old 01-16-2024, 02:55 PM
tripodd
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2021
Default Question: Atlas now vs Untied 1 year later?

Hey guys, I am in a bad spot right now and I thought the best way to get an answer to this question is posting here. The question that I have is - would you take an Atlas offer in a couple of months or wait 1 year for a confirmed UA offer about 1-1.5 years later?
My situation: I currently work at a 135 doing single pilot multi turbine cargo in PDX. But I am also in the Aviate program where I have a guaranteed class date with UA within 4 months of hitting 1200 TPIC which I should in about 1 year. My eventual goal is to be in a legacy airline.

Pros of staying with current company:
  1. CJO with UA which gives me a guarantee to go to UA
  2. Don't have to switch to Atlas only to switch to a major a few years later
  3. I know the issues already with my company. But I don't know what demons to exect with a new company

Cons of staying with current company:
  1. Safety risk wrt my pilot cert and my life too: part 135 single pilot multi turbine cargo in the PNW with no autopilot. Has been the most difficult job I have done
  2. Really, really high fatigue. Currently work 14 hour days generally with 5 on 2 off
  3. Burnout.

I live in PDX so the 767 gig would be ideal for me as long as I am able to hold it. A few questions:
  • What would you do in the above scenario? Keep my head down for just a period of one year or discard the UA CJO (which doesn't disqualify me from joining UA)?
  • If I do end up w Atlas, roughly how long does it generally take to get hired by UA or DL?
  • What do you guys think about Atlas as a company? Do you really enjoy your job and/or do you see this as a stepping stone?

Thanks for reading throuhg this guys, your input will really help!