View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 08:37 AM
ancman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2022

Originally Posted by TED74 View Post
I guess I’ll just have to trust your assessment of our leverage. I’m not a negotiator, I don’t work every day on the scheduling committee, I don’t know anything about the data we did and didn’t have, I don’t know how many pilots were or weren’t slipping through the cracks, I don’t know all the ways the company was exploiting the existing weak language, and I wasn’t receiving input from constituents so I have no idea what the demands of Delta pilots were on their reps.

My hunch was to trust one of the more exceptional and pro-pilot committee chairs (SK), who was directly involved in advising the MEC on these matters. On further review I guess I should just lean on APC for a more informed opinion.
Yet you manage to come out of the woodwork to defend ALPA every single time this topic is brought up. It’s a strange place to hang your hat. Especially without having any connection to the people involved in the deal, either directly or indirectly.

I’m a strong supporter of our union. However, they can and do make mistakes. This particular one was egregious.