View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 04:25 AM
Viper25
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
Because it fits nicely behind the window handle on the 717 when folded. On some of our 717s, the "checklist holder" isn't there which means you get to go on a scavenger hunt to find the QRH. If we put the checklists there, that would be one more thing to find.

Why is it then? Nearly every checklist I actually read is short enough to fit on a quarter of the page. On my fleet, a few different checklists fit on a single quarter section. Why would I need to unfold it to a half page? What is the desire to have them half fold other than thr 737 checklist holder? I've flown the 737, so I get that. This is an interesting thing to be bothered by lol.
I was wondering the same thing! Came from a mil background, so my view is limited.

Is quarter folding a faux pas of some kind? If so, that sounds like a very strange thing to consider a faux pas, especially since there are bigger fish to fry! Indeed, a very interesting thing to be bothered by.

Not once, ever, did I consciously feel bothered or upset by the checklist being folded in the way it is. Never ever thought about it before.