Thread: Hold the Door!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 11:36 AM
ProperMike
Urban Achiever

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by ColdWhiskey View Post
This post adds more to the story than your initial one did.

Your chances of getting the Captain's attention would have been improved I believe if you had been in full Frontier uniform. You say that you had removed your shirt and tie and you were wearing the Frontier polo? I am not even sure what piece of the uniform that is?

It is very possible that the Captain believed you to be a late arriving passenger, and the gate agent did not communicate to the Captain that you were a Frontier pilot. I find it hard to believe that any one of our Captains would not have come up to ensure that you got on if they realized you were one of our own.

If you had been in full Frontier uniform I think the situation would've been different.
This is the polo-rization I mentioned before. If I was in full uniform, would that have helped my case in getting on that flight? I don’t think so. They completely dismissed my presence and my logic of letting me on the airplane. The gate agents knew I was a pilot, the manager knew I was a pilot, and I’m damn sure the captain of the flight knew that I was a pilot because the gate agents all knew I was a listed pilot for the flight when they went back down to tell him the situation. What makes you think the gate agent would tell the captain that I was a passenger if they all knew I was an employee of the airline? Again, are we saying that if commuting or nonreving, we need to do it in full uniform so that you can be positively ID’d by the captain through a window as being a Frontier pilot? Where does it end?