View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 09:09 AM
followingdreams
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by 60av8tor View Post
I want everyone to make as much money as humanly possible in this career, but we're not curing cancer here or producing some technology that affects humanity. Tons of people study, work, go into debt, and sacrifice for their career. To a person of all my friends in other careers, my work:$ ratio is laughable - not even close to the others in comparison. Am I lucky, timed it right, have some perspective? Who knows. But I do know that what I make for the amount I work is incredible. In good conscience, I could never feel that I deserve more. I wouldn't say that out loud. I want to be paid as much as possible, but good god I make a lot for what I do.
This right here! I like how people try to justify we dont make enough, why? Because the long hours, being away from family, how expensive our training is, etc etc. Money doesnt solve the issue of being away from family (and if $200k per year doesnt make the other half happy, nothing will!). Training costs? Cheaper than most good 4 year colleges! Most people fly because its the coolest job in the world (for those with a passion for it) and think back to when you first got started and you were willing to do it for peanuts (and I mean paying the peanuts to anyone who would let you fly with them!). Lets not get jaded always wanting more, you start to look like the stereotypical angry pilot who forgets that everyone envys the job we have. We dont have to act angry and always complain. Lets be grateful for what we have!