View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 07:30 PM
followingdreams
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by PipeMan View Post
it’s fine to be grateful, but if more pilots had your mindset that something is “good enough”, then we would not have the contracts we have today. I’m not saying we’re paid peanuts, but it is “fair” based on the work we do. We are absolutely compensated with QOL/work rule improvements because we are taken away from home.

I’m not angry or bitter, but we must stay vigilant not only in our operation and SOP’s, but of our compensation and rewards that we have earned. You really need to think this way or all is lost.
I will never refer to pay as "fair" because that would mean you can some how justify it and if that is the case and you think the current income is "fair" then you think raises are not necessary. If someone wants to pay a ditch digger $500k per year to dig ditches, is that "fair"? I would not give up flying to make $500k to dig ditches. Dont get me wrong, in this profession, just like EVERY profession, the labors job is to make as much as they can and managements job is to pay them as little as they can. Its the meeting of the minds that makes market rates. There is also a point of diminishing returns, when labor becomes the barrier to a successful business, other options become cheaper.