Thread: Roadshow Discussion

Profane Kahuna , 01-22-2024 06:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Profane Kahuna
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2015
Quote: From the Q&A document...page 91. I rest my case.

"On a short notice call out, do you still get the full two hours to get to the airport? If you need the full two hours and the flight goes out late, are you still paid premium for the day?
You still get the full two hours, see 13.M.1. Premium is based on scheduled check-in time, not departure time, see 13.M.3.a."

You are moving the goal posts again.

The issue is what happens to your premium pay if you get stuck in cross town traffic while on a short notice co-terminal reserve callout.

If the traffic delay is too long the company will put you back on RAP.

"A Reserve Pilot who determines he will be unable to check-in in accordance with Section 13.M.1 due to extenuating circumstances (e.g., excessive traffic delays) will notify the Company as soon as possible. If the Company removes the Pilot from the assignment, he will continue his RAP."

Simple....clear......no ambiguity. But here you go again, arguing against everything.

This is an extreme edge case that I doubt I will ever find myself in. But for some reason you keep circling back to it, even though the language is black and white. I can't imagine how this is occupying so much time in your life that you try to spin it different ways.

It would be nice if internet sh1t talkers would back up their words with a friendly wager, instead of continually arguing.

I will make the offer again.....

So, are you going to push to test on your first call out? I'm buying if you get stuck in traffic AND keep the premium. But if you get put back on RAP and lose the pay then you have to buy.

Or..... you can keep arguing with what SWAPA said, and what the company said, and with what the language says in black and white.