Old 06-05-2006, 05:08 AM
RedOverWhite
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Straight outta LoCash

<quote>
DO NOT GET A DEGREE IN AVIATION!!!
</quote>

I just thought about this when reading this thread, but a buddy of mine has a degree in Economics and couldn't find a job when Independence shut down. Now he's at B6.

Conversely, one of the development managers at my company has a degree in Economics, and he develops software all day.

In short, unless you want to be an engineer or an architect, I don't believe it matters what your degree is in. It's the experience that counts. I'm finishing my degree in aviation, but the lack of a degree hasn't kept me from finding work as a software engineer (I've been doing this for 8 years now). Get it in something you'll enjoy, and most importantly, finish.

Didn't intend to single you out Ryane, just though about my Econ buddy and his in between time after FlyI.

But to stay on topic, if you fly at your local FBO you can get your ratings as fast as you want, it all depends on you. It took me about 4 months for my PPL at 3-4 days per week, with Xmas, New Year's and winter mixed in, and about 3 months for my IA at 2-3 days a week. Incidentally, I'll probably go somewhere else for the multi comm, as my instructor is now working and there isn't anyone in town with a twin.