Old 01-24-2024, 09:23 AM
SnowmanKiller
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by JulesWinfield View Post
Have you tried….applying?
Preparing applications now. Once we see how much P&W end up paying NK, I will shoot them out. I do not expect to ever hear a response from the B4 airlines where I live have slowed or halted hiring, which means they are even more unrealistic for my application.

What I am trying to find out is the scenario where I work as much OT here at NK and am there for the end, I need to know where I could realistically apply to after liquidation. My hope is they are still looking for DECs at the regionals where I live now. They may even have a bonus, though likely going away. What about the fractionals or cargo? How much competition is there for positions with them? I don't want to apply to Cargo/Fracional/Regional right now because I still make more here than there. Only want to those places once Spirit liquidates in 2025, or maybe even 2026.

Realistically, I make better money right now than what I could expect at Cargo/Fractional/Regional for a long time, if ever. Hence why I intend to fly as much as I'm allowed to until the very end. There's also the chance we make it out through restructuring but I can't count on that.

There is a good chance my best bet is to finish my MBA and look for something else.