Old 01-24-2024, 09:37 AM
Flika
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2022

Originally Posted by SnowmanKiller View Post
Preparing applications now. Once we see how much P&W end up paying NK, I will shoot them out. I do not expect to ever hear a response from the B4 airlines where I live have slowed or halted hiring, which means they are even more unrealistic for my application.

What I am trying to find out is the scenario where I work as much OT here at NK and am there for the end, I need to know where I could realistically apply to after liquidation. My hope is they are still looking for DECs at the regionals where I live now. They may even have a bonus, though likely going away. What about the fractionals or cargo? How much competition is there for positions with them? I don't want to apply to Cargo/Fracional/Regional right now because I still make more here than there. Only want to those places once Spirit liquidates in 2025, or maybe even 2026.

Realistically, I make better money right now than what I could expect at Cargo/Fractional/Regional for a long time, if ever. Hence why I intend to fly as much as I'm allowed to until the very end. There's also the chance we make it out through restructuring but I can't count on that.

There is a good chance my best bet is to finish my MBA and look for something else.
What does P&W payout have to do with sending out your application? Is there a specific number that you think makes a difference?

To answer your questions you can apply anywhere you want, just apply and find out. If you got hired at Spirit, you can get hired elsewhere. You are way overthinking this.

Lastly, If you are really concerned about liquidation now would be the time to leave vs. when all the NK captains hit the market and you are competeting against them.