Thread: AUS Commuters?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 09:22 AM
myrkridia
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by ancman View Post
I mean, if he was very happy living in Atlanta, would this thread exist? I’ve tried it. It’s not for everyone.

I’m simply saying that for someone who wants to spend the next 40+ years living in Texas, there are 2-3 other airlines that will offer better QOL than Delta (with UA obviously crossed off the list). When everyone is hiring and you’re not seniority committed, there is flexibility to make choices that can improve your QOL for decades.
DFW would not be a fun commute either, and they'd be giving up whatever seniority they have now, having already given up UA. Add the fact that DL has slowed down hiring, albeit still high historically, I would not recommend jumping ship. As you say, anything can happen in 40 years. Delta used to have a massive presence in DFW, what happens with AUS is anyone's guess. It's not unreasonable to predict AUS commute as it stands now is as bad as it's going to be for the foreseeable future, and as far as commutes go it's pretty decent with a lot of base options, depending on what you want.