Thread: AUS Commuters?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 09:56 AM
Ripinpeace
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2023

Originally Posted by ancman View Post
I mean, if he was very happy living in Atlanta, would this thread exist? I’ve tried it. It’s not for everyone.

I’m simply saying that for someone who wants to spend the next 40+ years living in Texas, there are 2-3 other airlines that will offer better QOL than Delta (with UA obviously crossed off the list). When everyone is hiring and you’re not seniority committed, there is flexibility to make choices that can improve your QOL for decades.
Absolutely you’re right. Tho, I haven’t lived in any GA suburbs yet, and family has told us to try that out before making a big jump.. we haven’t lived in AUS either, we just know we like AUS from visiting all our lives. Tho it was UA or DL, DL being my fav, AA not an option at this point. Even UA guys hated doing the AUS commute to IAH, had to sit SC at a gas station in call out range; or still fly 30 min to commute. I’m leaning now towards stay in a GA suburb, fly as much as I can, and once WB FO down the line then commuting may be an option. We don’t have a reason to move other than preference at the moment, so it’s hard to justify. I’d gamble AUS becomes a base a decade or two from now (optimistic) plus FL is still an option where my fam is. Appreciate everyone’s input, nice to hear others opinions it’s helpful !