Thread: 2023 PS 10.3% (Paid Feb 14, 2024)

notEnuf , 01-29-2024 11:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2015
  • Position
    stake holder ir.delta.com
Quote: I think nearly everyone makes the call when they are sick, or at least would acnowlege that they should. And those who (foolishly) don't aren't going to be compelled by pontifications on a web board. The point is that any pilot who would use "Sick if needed" has already called in sick. But they are only charged hours if they would have actually used you. You are free to not want rank that lower on the 'want' list, but we should not be limiting ourselves. If another airline has somethig good, we should want that too. Beseides, it's not like it actually costs the company hardly anything.

It helps everyone on reserve, since you would not be incorrectly showing on the Reserve Availability List as being available when you're not. It allows those on the 'bubble' to maybe actually plan/YS a better trip. In addition the obvious benefit preserving hours for later when you wern't going to be used anyway, and running up toward a verification total. But that's a whole other issue which needs to be addressed.
I've always thought this is a ridiculous concept unless your negotiated sick time isn't adequate and you are trying to strech it's value. I have a hard time believing this will help us with a use it or lose it annual renewal and no banking. This is a bandaide on a bandaide for other carriers who don't have the amount of time we do.