View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 06:28 AM
Meme In Command
Leaves Biscoff crumbs

Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: Blue Juice Taste Tester

Originally Posted by AYLflyer View Post
I drive 90 minutes to work but still live in the woods. I commuted at past airlines. For me, I will never, ever commute again. It's not worth it. Life is too short to waste literal years in the back of an airplane going to/from work, not to mention the stress. Also, the hotels/crashpads? No thank you. I'm not in college anymore so I don't need to "hang with the boys" in the pad, and I don't want to spend even less time in my bed than I already do.

It's also a seniority boost. I have no issue doing 5am shows or ending late, and getting the good trips, while my buddies who commute that are the same seniority as me have to settle for less desireable trips or spend an extra day on the front/back end.
Even living in base I prefer to fly the "commutable" trips. I get to wake up to no alarm, go to the gym, maybe run an errand if I need to or take the bike out for a quick ride before I go to work. Same thing on go home day. I can get home early enough to enjoy that day at home too. And if I get so delayed I land very late at night, I still get to sleep in my own bed. No need for a crash pad, hotel or sleep in a lazy boy at the crew lounge.