View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 08:12 AM
FreightDawgyDog
Trust but Verify!!

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: MD11 CRA

"Who is WE? If that is you, you're not doing too well."

"We" as in the members of the union. I know the term "we" is foreign to you from your other posts where I read a lot of "me" issues that you care about. As far as how well "we" are doing it is directly proportional to how members like "you" and "I" back up the negotiating committee. I am spending my days off at home, including not protecting carryover. Are "you" doing your part or just waiting for "we" to do it for "you"? Besides dues, what have "you" contributed to ensure the success of this negotiation? "We" is "you" and "I" working together to make sure "we" get a contract we all deserve, or at least those of us that are members.

"My bet is that the age 60 rule will change before you ever see a ALPA contract at FedEx, but of course that being the case you may see the contract by the end of 2006."

As far as Age 60, time will tell. I have been hearing propaganda like yours for years from the SWA guys who want the rest of us to pay for the fact that they didn't negotiate a very good retirement package. I guess now that you are saying it I should listen more? It's pathetic really that some pilots can't just go enjoy their life after flying like those before them have done. You know, make up for all that lost time with the family while they flew carry over at straight time and try to catch up on some sleep. There is life after flying, which even if your kind get your way and change Age 60, they will eventually have to face. That is if those that fly past 60 don't die before they retire. If not, I'm sure they will be back pushing for Age 70 when they are about to turn 65. As I said, pathetic and kind of sad really.

Last edited by FreightDawgyDog; 06-05-2006 at 08:15 AM.