Thread: 121 pic or UlCC
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 04:41 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
I have apps out at the big 3 plus AS and WN. Been trying to update after every chance. Also I do have a few meet and greets schedule at NGPA this month so hopefully that will help a bit.
Good. It really amazes me the number of people who get on here and ask if their numbers are competitive enough to put in apps. The competitiveness of an app is a function of so many things including attrition/retirements, expected expansion or contraction, aircraft deliveries, etc. Just yesterday Boeing indicated they are going to have to delay certification of the (already delayed) MAX 7 (and likely the MAX 10 as well). LOTS of airlines have what they THOUGHT were pending orders soon to be deliver to them. AS and WN especially are going to be hard hit. That is going to - at least to some extent - slow hiring at these companies which means they'll have a larger backlog of apps and can afford to be more selective. "Competitive" is always a moving target and all you can really do is actually put in the apps and update your apps as frequently as possible because the applicant can never really predict that moving target. All you can do is have an app in place and ready for it when you do meet it.

But yeah, work the meet and greets and keep updating. Eventually it WILL happen.

The right answer to many of these queries about am I competitive enough to put in an app is, Hell no, you aren't the least bit competitive because you don't even have an app in.