View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 06:53 PM
Noisecanceller
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2022

Originally Posted by BusBoi View Post
I'm at 4+ years, junior captain commuting to reserve. I was only staying because of the merger. I live local to NYC and really like jetBlue and their product; always have. Now that our hopes were smashed I'm getting out. No point in commuting to reserve (I F'ing hate with a passion) when I could be driving to work with any of the Big 3 and jetBlue.

For me, I got a bad feeling as soon as they announced the hiring/upgrade stoppage and NEO parking in November. I applied to United, my first choice. I finally got the invite for the Hogan Dec 30, completed it a week later, interviewing later this month.

Then, the day after the merger failed, I decided to apply off the street to jetBlue as well (I think they have a decent future once they dust themselves off and get their financials under control). They got back to me with an interview offer in, no joke, 24 hours flat. I'm interviewing there first and will call it a warm up for United, as well as my "safety school" in case United says no. Not interested in Delta. Applied to AA at the same time as UA but haven't heard from them. Also luke warm on AA; I've heard mediocre things.

But yea, I'm almost in the top 50% system seniority and it is a lot to give up. But I think this place is done.
Why no delta?

Unrelated to delta but how old are you?