Old 02-04-2024, 10:46 AM
chase
XOJET Citation X

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DO, Baker Aviation, Citation X

Originally Posted by v22guy View Post
How far out are folks generally applying for the 180 day program? Is there flexibility within the schedule for major life events like attending a wedding as part of the wedding party?
V22guy,

Good question. As you may know some of the services are beginning to alter the 6 month SB timeframe for getting out and are reducing that to 120 days and in some cases only 90 days.

We've been told, unofficially, that persons who get their CJO from Baker and submit it, will be grandfathered into the 6 month window. We interviewed 5 folks in the last 2 weeks who have both the 120 and 180 days. One is starting as early as April and another one is starting in Jan '25. We have SB slots at Flight Safety in the Citation X filled through May I believe.

Baker Aviation has negotiated with Flight Safety that gurantees us X sim slots through Dec '24 each month. The days of negotating and renogiating the training slots are over for us. This gives us great flexibility for filling SB slots through the end of the year if we have enough folks who are forward thinking enough to get the ball rolling on their end and make a decision to transition and most importantly get educated on the SB program with all the hoops that need to be jumped through.

The final piece is the conditional job offer (CJO) from a company that will assure the applicant he has a landing spot and has papers in hand to present to his commander to say, "see, these folks have accepted me and I have a training slot." Its the chicken and the egg problem...commanders want say yes until they see the CJO and most places work on such a close in ops schedule because they don't control their own sim schedule. Not our problem.

When you interview if you have a specific date(s) that you need to get off, we can work with that usually. If it is time during the training at FSI, sorry, can't alter those training dates. Since our schedule is a 9/5 for SB, knowing in advance we can place you on the schedule where any single block of requested dates will fall on your off days creating zero problems for us. Hope that helps.

Baker currently employs 14 current or past SB pilots. Several have elected to remain after their internship and have been deemed by leadership to be exactly who we are looking for. One just upgraded to PIC since he had the requisite total time to qualify under our policy and Wyvern/Argus. Others have gone on to SWA, P91 gig, etc.

We have several V22 pilots flying with and one we interviewed last week.

Samantha at [email protected] has her PhD in SB, send an email with your resume, earliest possible availability date (some folks throw in the leave to overcome the 120 day shortfall) and she can get you some good intel.

If you have other quesitons, feel free to contact me via DM or by cell, 214.924.9033