Thread: SkyWest ?’s
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 06:14 PM
123AB
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2021

Originally Posted by averye View Post
Probably should have made that post a bit more clear. I'm at 680 muti-engine turbine time and the 750 is my civilian ratings along with some instructor time. I've had my apps into Delta and Alaska for a bit now with no call. I'm assuming its the low ME turbine time thats doing it.
Definitely keep your apps updated, but you're right...you need to get some experience under your belt and if I understood your first post correctly, you'll need to get your CTP and Unrestricted ATP as well before the big dawgs will look at you. Two routes: regionals (as you're doing) or use your GI Bill to knock out our CTP and ATP...and try to get as much turbine time as possible through other means.

Personally, a pit stop at the Regionals would be a sure-fire way for you to get there. I would take the first regional airline with the soonest class date, assuming you have some flexibility to move or commute. That will take quickly care of your CTP and ATP and once you've passed a 121 trainign program and get a few 121 hours under your belt, assuming hiring continues you'll be a strong candidate for moving up.