Gets Weekends Off
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2015
  • Position
    Gear slinger
Quote: I am applying for a job for the first time in 18 years and tweaking my resume. I have always believed in the 'rule' of one page and being concise and letting the numbers speak for themselves. However, I am applying for what I hope is my retirement job and also my first jet job, and don't want a resume screener or recruiter to think mine looks like a mid-schooler wrote it. I mean, it looks fine, all the different headings and bullets line up nice, but it's pretty plain. Does adding some color or using fancy formats actually help? Any recruiters out there who can say what they're looking for, what they like or can't stand? I helped with some resume screening once, and what bored me to death was fluffed-up buzzwords and vague soft skills. If they had something interesting to share then that would have gotten my attention, but saying things like 'I have strong leadership skills' to me is just bla bla.
A pilot recruitment friend told me once if the resume is over a page long they won't bother looking at it. Keep it simple and readable.