View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 01:38 PM
11atsomto
off weekends (if Reserve)

Joined APC: May 2023

Originally Posted by fiftyfourtyten View Post
Is there anything else I should be considering?
You describe your location as SE Pennsylvania...when I hear this I hear SEPTA, which in turns makes me think of Philadelphia and it suburbs...have you thought about American? I only mention this as some people have instructed you to move closer to the city (assuming NYC) but as you get older unless you grew up in or have a family connection to North Jersey or Long Island...you are not going to want to be there. Sure its great for being 23...but not so much when you are 43. It super overpriced and you have to take a hit to your standard of living expectations. So staying with Delta, your driving distance is likely not going to be reduced as you age.

Granted PHL is not the Flagship International Widebody station for AAL the way JFK is for DELTA and AAL and EWR is for United (along with SFO)

6 months is NUUUUUUUUUU-thhiiiiing. For someone in your 20's ...I'd even say 2 years of seniority and youd still suffer very little if any penalty.

I'd say go to UAL. Of UAL EWR people that dont commute, I'd say 85% live in the Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton metro.....I dont know if thats considered SE Pennsylvannia...