View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 06:12 PM
Sliceback
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat

Originally Posted by ThatOneCFI View Post
Hello all,

I am a CFI/CFII reaching R-ATP minimums. I have always been interested in 135 flying, but ending up at a major 121 carrier is my end goal. With regional class dates being pushed so far back, I am starting to seriously consider applying to wheels up. I have a couple of questions that I couldn't find answers to during my research. My first question is, are they actively hiring, and if so, are they experiencing any class/training delays? My second question is can I expect to make the minimum salary of 70,000 flying the king air as an FO? I saw some mention of extra soft pay depending on legs flown but could not find a solid answer anywhere.

I appreciate any and all insight.
So you're approaching 1,000 or 1,250 hrs? The regional 'back up' is how long? In the meantime how much flying are you doing? Eighty hours, or more, a month? That's hardly a setback while waiting for your regional training to start.

The pay is, in the long term, immaterial. What really matters is which job fills gaps in your resume? Which improves your resume the most? The quickest? Which flies the most?

For regional pilots the top 2 items doing well in training is - good grades and prior Part 121 experience. To some extent that probably applies to getting to a major airline. I'd stick with pursuing Part 121 flying.