View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 01:39 PM
DFWwannabe
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2024

Originally Posted by Ripinpeace View Post
FWIW kinda same boat here. 24 now, at UA first, tho I went to DL (I was the choose airline first, choose to live somewhere second). I was open to IAH or ATL in base living, but made the jump to ATL now.
at our age seniority progression with this retirement stuff is negligible (you’ll have WB Capt plenty of time at each), so biggest factor is base (which you have that issue but if I were you I’d move to stay at DL, you’ll see why).
I kno ppl say “10, 20, 30 yr from now” but right here right now and as far back as “is relevant” to modern operations: Delta is the industry leader in easily every factor other than network (which changes constantly/WB flying is limited by fleet & base anyways not like you’ll fly every route at each company) And I made my decision on: 1) which company should I hedge everything on for giving me the most for my time (how little can you work/how much can you make) clear winner is DL in $ and QOL assuming in base both. Just from going thru both, I’ve had 5+ UA guys during training tell me go DL if they had the choice, that their DL colleagues always made more/worked less if they desired (also no pride among TK or pilot group I noticed at UA albeit was there during contract negotiations). Not one word of that at DL saying go UA.
Big factor to, you already have good seniority at DL and are in your groove, don’t reset that for UA to go thru training again and rly RESETING you seniority for this “relative seniority gain” that can fall thru for any reason in the next couple years, it’s irrelevant in early 20’s.
You really have to hate driving/not wanna move to make this jump to UA, you’re leaving (what many ppl will obiv argue) is the premier airline of the U.S. for customers and the pilot group/PWA itself and you’re already here. Don’t reset that for #2 cuz of a small drive that u can change. UA is behind DL $/operationally for years to come, Kirby cross dresses, DEI, more planes = more debt, “UA Next” is such nonsense, I never felt any pride being there. I’ll take the heat, but this is the truth, stay at DL and enjoy the ride man.. Yes I’m a kool aid drinker at DL, but there’s a reason it taste better to so many more ppl over here.. you made it man hit the brakes and rake in your cash. More likely than not you’ll regret jumping ship, believe it or not choosing between staying at UA and starting again at DL was tough, but glad to not be going back to MLK Boulevard in nasty DEN for the rest of my life

Please consider moving my guy
Just be chill dude.