View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 01:51 PM
11atsomto
off weekends (if Reserve)

Joined APC: May 2023

Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Same here. After I got my JetBlue phase 2 email a decade ago, I told the family that "Daddy has gone to his last interview and I'm only keeping the suit for funerals."

Now about twice a week we talk about dusting off that suit.
Originally Posted by jetpilot87 View Post
I'm coming up on 3 years and wanted to retire here after getting hired. This place works well for my family. I'm 50/50 now, finding it hard to make a decision with so many unknowns and viariables (Insert larry david meme). I definitely want to see what is said during the investor presentation in May and hope for some more clarity. Still, even if they paint a pretty future for us its no guarantee of whats to come.
[size=33px]
[/size]

I ve noticed now collective forum guidance on "Certainly Staying" has gone up from over 2 years to now include 3 to 4.
I will point out that one constant I read on bith staying and going posts is: UNCERTAINTY. With Mr.Icahn's involvement announced earlier this week......that to me only increases the volumne of uncertaity.
In addition to, I challenge anyone to find a one time employee (need not be Aviaition) of any Company that Icahn has been associated with and says " Wow, I am so glad I stayed with _____ after Icahn. My career took such a great turn with_____ after Icahn came aboard."

Yes there is uncertanty. I thought Geraghty represents a lot of uncertainty. There is a chance Geraghty may turn the company around and grow like Kudzu and widebodies on-the-ready. But it is a slim chance and I think threr is a higher probababilty she leads to a bad outcome. Certainly now introduce Icahn.....I think those odds of a bad outcome go up exponentially.
So jetpilot I sympathyze with you as succes in all areas of life come down to: The Decisions you make when you are under the most pressure.
Not everyone gets them right.........thats why you get/will get/will not get paid the Big Bucks!!!

But I encourage you to do this: Picture yourself age 66.....you are somewhere nice...healthy...enjoying your life.......are you saying "All this was possible because I had faith in that Icahn guy...I just knew it!!"