View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 07:03 PM
jetpilot87
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by 11atsomto View Post

I ve noticed now collective forum guidance on "Certainly Staying" has gone up from over 2 years to now include 3 to 4.
I will point out that one constant I read on bith staying and going posts is: UNCERTAINTY. With Mr.Icahn's involvement announced earlier this week......that to me only increases the volumne of uncertaity.
In addition to, I challenge anyone to find a one time employee (need not be Aviaition) of any Company that Icahn has been associated with and says " Wow, I am so glad I stayed with _____ after Icahn. My career took such a great turn with_____ after Icahn came aboard."

Yes there is uncertanty. I thought Geraghty represents a lot of uncertainty. There is a chance Geraghty may turn the company around and grow like Kudzu and widebodies on-the-ready. But it is a slim chance and I think threr is a higher probababilty she leads to a bad outcome. Certainly now introduce Icahn.....I think those odds of a bad outcome go up exponentially.
So jetpilot I sympathyze with you as succes in all areas of life come down to: The Decisions you make when you are under the most pressure.
Not everyone gets them right.........thats why you get/will get/will not get paid the Big Bucks!!!

But I encourage you to do this: Picture yourself age 66.....you are somewhere nice...healthy...enjoying your life.......are you saying "All this was possible because I had faith in that Icahn guy...I just knew it!!"
There would definitely be less uncertainty at some other places. If I stay, it wouldn't be because of faith in Icahn persay, but rather faith that with Icahn "shaking the tree," current leadership and board will collabrate to put us on some track for success long term, that includes something other than more DR turns.