View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 12:42 PM
zingle777

Originally Posted by Jetalc
Reagrding your original question, I truly enjoy working here at F9. We have some of the leanest costs in the industry, and our CASM is lower than SWA (minus fuel). The environment is upbeat, lots of dedicated happy Denver customers, and there is a genuine sense of relaxation at work - I love it. There are always things that can be improved, particularly with some of the upper management folks - HR, etc. but we just had Chris Collins from JBLU come over as VP of Operations, and he's been given carte blanche to make whatever changes he feels necessary. No, the sky isn't falling simply because UAL is out of bankruptcy (they have a long way to go in terms of cutting costs and sustaining any sort of profitibility) and SWA hasn't been as much of a factor as many thought they would be. Who knows - time will tell, and little ol' F9 is chugging along doing what it does best, and I'm proud to work here. I don't see F9 going away any time soon, and (I'm of course a little partial here) I think we have a superior product, domestically, to UAL and SWA. Just my .02 worth.
I know lots of guys flying at F9. They all love it. It has become a class act, and in fact, I am flying my parents out on them (paid for tickets) day after tomorrow. They kick SWA's ass in every metric. The pilots are great, FA's are great, nice new planes, etc. I pray they prosper.