Old 02-22-2024, 06:23 AM
VisionWings
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by ginntonic View Post
BB himself pinned the figure at about 25% pretty early in the interview. Starts at about 11:30. (I know I'm plane deaf, but I didn't hear 20-30%. Maybe someone can give a time stamp for that?)

Interviewer: "I think, you know, a lot of the airline stocks trade at deep value multiples we could argue. Um, but I think part of the challenge with a lot of investors here is that, this is more of an industry issue, but the things that we supposedly can control like costs and labor inflation, those have been going pretty high for the industry post-pandemic, I know you guys have an open labor contract with your pilots right now how do you expect to manage what most likely be higher wages for your pilot workforce?"

BB: "Yeah so look, we we we put out our labor guide including labor costs, and we said that it'd be about a quarter of a penny."

25% is an absolute "NO" from me.

BB also mentioned we'd be ground loading in Denver later this year.
it’s near the end of the video.

28:00 to get the full talk at the end of the video about labor costs

28:30 bb mentions needing the 20-30% to be competitive wages. Then he says that we have to have competitive work rules and talks about how he is inferring some of that money back through changes in work rules.