View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 03:37 PM
Wolf424
Has a furrowed brow

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine View Post
Honestly, this is the part that concerns me the most. Look how quickly the OP discredits the FOs resistance to such an unusual request. If an FO offers up resistance and questions my plan, rather than assuming they are overstepping their bounds or are more concerned about catching their commute, I look inwards first. FOs get second-guessed constantly and they put up with it for the most part, yet when a captain get's second-guessed, apparently it deserves its own thread for the OP to repair their ego. If an FO is speaking up, that is a warning that not only are you doing something out of the norm, but it's also something they don't feel comfortable with. The downside with upgrading is that captains rarely get honest feedback. It's easy to convince yourself that you are a great captain and are operating well within normal standards. 99% of FOs will put up with your oddities as long as its safe and isn't too inconvenient.
If zip came here for validation (as it appears), he clearly didn’t get it.

I will say, uncontrolled ops are not a big deal.

Just because you don’t do something often doesn’t mean it’s dangerous.

Back-taxiing for FOD and runway clearing passes are sh!t we did back in the Herk when landing in East Bumblefu{%. I wouldn’t consider doing one on any field with regular commercial ops.

Zip, I’m sure your intent was genuine, but the bigger threat in this scenario wasn’t FOD, it was CRM.