Thread: Appeal brief
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 05:01 AM
dreadFOroberts
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2022
Position: FO

Originally Posted by ReluctantEskimo View Post
I don't know how you can be upset at the government's position. Jetblue was very clear in their plan to slash and burn NK to the ground.

It was a merger that was poor conceived from the start. A desperate move that could have used more time to cook.
Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
It didn’t help that Jetblue said the quiet part out loud and let everyone know they would end the NK product and just wanted the employees/assets.
This is probably a semantic argument, but Words Mean Things.

This was always going to be an acquisition, and it was never about two airlines getting married and celebrating their nuptials. Acquiring NK would allow an accelerated growth plan for B6 to more readily compete against the Big 4. This was a big part of the argument they made in court.

I keep seeing threads and insinuations that JetBlue was trying to do one thing and planning another; but that's not what was happening, nor what was disseminated to the employees of either airline. I don't know where this keeps coming from, but the plan to acquire NK for its assets was the plan.

Slash and burn? When you acquire the airplanes, the gates and the crews and the subsequent personnel to support the larger operation....what's left to slash or burn? I suppose there would be a lot of superfluous yellow marketing swag....

There wasn't a quiet part. There's just what it was. An acquisition.

Last edited by dreadFOroberts; 02-28-2024 at 05:33 AM. Reason: grammar