View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 01:07 PM
HerkDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: A300 F/O

Originally Posted by pinseeker View Post
Just wondering, other than age 60, what has the union voted on against the wishes of the majority of the members. LOA which seems to be a hot spot passed 68-32. Can't think of any other major votes.
How about the 2004 decision to throw ALPA's support behind John Kerry, despite the overwhelming desire of the membership NOT to do it. In the purest sense you can't say that they went against the vote, because it never got put it to one. (We'll see how things go today in regards to the 2008 presidential endorsement...haven't seen any results of today's conference call, but I have my suspicions about how it will play out. I may be wrong.)

How about the MEC's side letter with the company (during our last contract negotiations) to throw city purity out the window. Oops, guess that one doesn't count either as we didn't get to vote on that one as well. I'd bet you a month's pay though, that our membership wouldn't have been in favor of that if they had been given a voice.

Guess you are right...we haven't had many MAJOR votes on anything. Just decisions dictated to us and apologies after the fact.

Jakal...Who is Micro? Thanks.

Last edited by HerkDriver; 05-01-2008 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Additions