View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 08:06 PM
BOYCAPTAIN
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
That's not what you were saying, or at least it's not the way I read it. This is what you were saying:

You didn't hurt my feelings, but you must admit, we've got a lot going on simultaneously, unlike your regional analogy, which is probably spending its time wondering if they should take 3 peanuts or 2 pretzels out of the little bags they offer as an in-flight snack. As pilots, we are not privy to El Picture Grande, and so when something happens, we are usually the last to know. That probably goes for our airline management too. Remember, the airline is a rather small portion of the overall picture, and I'd bet that even the VP of Flight Ops is preached to, and kept in the dark, a good deal of the time. Doesn't make it right. Just makes it the way it is. By the way, what with your extensive background in corporate structuring, maybe you could offer some suggestions as to how to run a more profitable company. I'm sure Fred would appreciate it.
i think we all know we couldn't run this place...frustration levels are high...no practice bids...no straight answers...downgrades...paycuts....FDA closings...age 65....egg cylinders in the catering...but my one leg afternoon departures are glorious!

Last edited by BOYCAPTAIN; 05-01-2008 at 08:15 PM.