View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 04:29 PM
YellowBanana
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by Stan446 View Post
I don't think the NMB sees us in any other light than a barganing entity. They've seen every negotiation where the company is claiming poverty and the pilots asking for as much gain as they can. I think its premature to ask for a release when we haven't seen what the company's offer is.
The company has made it painfully clear that they will not offer one cent more than the value of the failed TA. I’m not sure why anyone would think they’d change their stance with the supposal.

This outcome was so predictable when the MEC reached the agreement concerning the May deadline and impending replacement of the NC. Why would management not want to drag this out and force that deadline? Replacing the NC instantly adds a conservative 6 month transition (this should have happened last summer without question) prior to resuming negotiations. If the NC and MEC fail to abide by that agreement and somehow keep the same NC beyond this self-imposed deadline then we have even more division within the pilot group. The company wins in either scenario and literally had zero reason whatsoever to want to actually want to reach a deal in an expedited fashion. This was a foolish plan from the start.

We are at an impasse.