View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 05:52 PM
astray
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2022

Originally Posted by mauleman View Post
2000hr pilot here who's been working their first 135 IFR job (single pilot medevac) now for just under 6 months looking for career advice. After reading through hundreds of Atlas APC posts I thought I'd ask specifically what some of you Atlas pilots thought. I'm thinking of applying to Atlas in the Fall or Winter of 2024.

I'll be ready to try and take my career to the next level near the end of this year after my seasonal pilot job is finished. I should have about 2500 TT, 150 Multi, 600 Turbine PIC and 3 years part 135 experience. I'm looking to be based out of ANC and hoping to get into the 74 if possible.

After reading through all the posts here I think I would enjoy the pros and cons of Atlas and having ANC as my base would be preferred. I have a couple questions:
  • Would the hours I'll have when I would be done with my seasonal job in November be competitive? (2500 TT, 150 Multi, 600 Turbine PIC )
  • Is there a good window of time to apply to get a training date in the fall or early winter at Atlas?
  • Would it be possible to work part time at my summer seasonal pilot job on my off days?
  • Should I get my ATP CTP though Atlas before applying or go get my entire ATP through ATP Jets for example?
Lastly most of my professional flying so far has been VFR. I'll only have under 6 months of single pilot IFR before potentially applying to Atlas. I've read that without previous 121 experience or not much IFR experience I might be under qualified to apply to Atlas? Any insight is much appreciated.
You're competitive and way above mins. I know a lot of 1500-1700TT bush guys that were hired into the 747/767. It's up to you to study and get through the program though. You might be offered the 767/737 instead, and those don't have an ANC base.