View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 05:52 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by hammer189 View Post
We actually have an option that is somewhat like that. Max reserves above.

While that can be an OK tool, it wouldn't have don't anything to help me in this scenario. There really isn't much that could help when you're working with bad data.

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
As far as bidding incompetence goes - you guys are all rookies. I took bidding incompetence to a new level this month, and without the help of faulty staffing calcualtions . If there was a Darwin award for bidding, I would have won it hands down this month. Amazingly my schedule turned out pretty good.

I go back and forth between reserve and a line. For April I intended on bidding a reserve line so all I did was list the days off that I wanted. Well somehow I started Pairing bid group vice Reserve bid group and never noticed it. All I did was ask for certain days off with no trip parameters or request in at all. Somehow I ended up with some of the best trips and mid week flying.

Oh well - lesson learned - Double check that Bid group!

Scoop

We've all done something similar at times. The list of things I QC before my final submission continues to grow lol. Glad it worked out ok. I can't remember if this is the case, but I think PBS assumes you want holidays off and weekends off. There could be more, but I'm not certain.