View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 07:34 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by hockeypilot44 View Post
I got burnt with a 5 day carry-out trip taking me into first weekend of May. Had avoid carry-outs greater than 0, then did a forget bid at very end. I didn’t think my bid would get that low. It did and of course gives me a trip that goes 3 days into next bid period. At least I have to wait until April 20th to try and get rid of it (sigh). I’ve been burned by carry-outs numerous times over the years and I’m still getting it wrong. For me, whenever I forget to limit it, I always get worst case scenario.

Forget and forget/redo (now gone), are bids that if you're not sure of what you're doing, can really screw up a bid. To some extent, you're doing exactly what denial mode would do for you. But I get why some use it. Another case of something similar is the guys who use 200 bid lines with CSSN. They're just doing the work of denial mode for maximum control.

Originally Posted by hockeypilot44 View Post
Of course there’s those who forget to bid outright. That usually happens when on vacation or a long stretch of days off during the bid window when not thinking about work. Those guys are my heroes. They literally shut work out of lives completely.

If they were real heroes, they'd have default bid in so they don't screw themselves the following month. I get shutting out work, but it's something we have to do every single month of our careers, I'm not sure how you forget about that...especially when it has such a direct impact on your QOL.