View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 05:09 PM
slowplay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Slotted seniority has real problems. How do you account for the next merger? Do you slot all the way through the seniority list? That creates a huge blow for the junior NWA pilots. There are other options other then a dynamic list. A dynamic list means 20 more years of arbitration rulings like the current NW. We don't need that. I would split the difference between a ratio and DOH and even give NWA fences on the 747's with no fences on 777 ordered after the DCC.
I take it you're happy to give up your ordered 777 seat so a former Greenbook guy can move out of his A320 or DC-9. The first Greenliner isn't scheduled for delivery until November 2009, and I'll bet that has a significant slide. Couple that with about 200 24.E.10 reinstatement rights pilots, less age 60 attrition than NWA thought, and you'll get to stay safe and warm, but more junior in your 7ERA seat.

Thanks, I'll pass. Straight ratio is the way to go, as it allows both parties to share the growth and the risk. If it's dynamic and slotted, it's got to work for good and bad attrition, so the risks and rewards are shared.

Last edited by slowplay; 05-02-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: 3rd grade spelling failure