View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 12:46 PM
tom11011
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by The Chow View Post
EV is that you?

nice first couple of posts there.

Yes if you have a different opinion than the experience slate you're a management plant. Of course.
AR has performed flawlessly. Giving up all our leverage with the retention bonus was pure genius. Classes are full and attrition has all but ended. Funny thing, a couple friends of mine decided to headed to Delta. None of them have been on property for a year yet and they all have over $20k in direct contributions on 1st year pay. I guess when/if the results of the audit are released we'll see the strength of our union leadership. One thing is for sure, we will never be able to make up for that type of loss. $20k in DC in less than a year is not an insignificant amount.

IMO our windowed has closed. Now most of the legacy's have either slowed their hiring or stopped it altogether. Management will be able to take their time and we'll be 3 contract revisions behind before long. We as a nation have witnessed more than 20% cumulative inflation in the last 3 plus years. Americans have $1.1 trillion in total credit card debt and climbing. The bubble is about to pop.

We're the lowest compensated pilots paying the highest in dues plus assessment. I hope to be proven wrong. Because I fear if I'm right, we might see a whole new level suck that hasn't been seen since before the contract we're currently under was signed.

Good luck to us all.

Not a management pilot, just a dude playing a dude, playing another dude.
We are going to be ok.

The results of the audit are already known, just waiting for paper copy I am told.

Once the dust settles, this could be one of the best airlines to work at. It's entirely possible a favorable MWD ruling could help accelerate everything which should be known either this month or next month last I heard. Otherwise, I think its a year away still.