View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 08:03 PM
keenster
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: FO forever

Originally Posted by Widebody View Post
Well, the mass exodus occurred as we approached bankruptcy at DAL. They took the 50% lump sum expecting the retirement would be lost in bankruptcy. Probably a good move for some. The DAL pilot retirement plan was liquidated. DAL pilots age 53 will recover a good portion of their monies. The rest will get PBGC payouts. NWA's plan is frozen, correct? I assume that means at some date you will recieve a portion of it. Since both of these events occurred prior to this alleged merger, I don't consider that I'm entitled to a portion of your frozen pension. Likewise I don't see why you should expect seniority list compensation for our past retirements. Try to give a 'big boy' respone this time, and maybe some useful information can be gained by both of us, k?

Relative senioty puts 1500 junior DOH Delta guys in front of me taking any chance of getting my upward movement from NWA retirements away. I was hired Aug of 1985 and offered a class in sep of 85 at Delta. SO, I spend my last 8 years sitting behind 1500 guys junior to me bidding junior lines and working more days and have a lower quality of life etc. You have had a great seniority advance and now it seem that you want another one. I do not want to take anyones seat or bump any Delta pilot out of his seat. But, I do not want Delta guys junior to me DOH to take my upward movement away. I am just trying to keep WHAT I HAD COMING BEFORE THIS MERGER WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT. PAY MAY COME AND GO RETIREMENT MAY COME AND GO THE ONLY THING THAT IS FOREVER IS YOUR SENIORITY.

Can you guarantee me that I will never loose my Frozen retirement that is half of what it was supposed to be. What happenes if that goes away. Can you guarantee me that Delta will not go Bankrupt again. What happens when they need paycuts to stay afloat next time. So I am supposed to take a senority hit based on things that may not be there in the future-- don't think so because we have already lost and probably will loose again when it comes to contractual negeotiated items. Everyone caves when it comes to loosing your job and lively hood.

keenster

Last edited by keenster; 05-02-2008 at 08:23 PM.