View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Jay5150
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: 330 FO

Originally Posted by keenster View Post
Relative senioty puts 1500 junior DOH Delta guys in front of me taking any chance of getting my upward movement from NWA retirements away. I was hired Aug of 1985 and offered a class in sep of 85 at Delta. SO, I spend my last 8 years sitting behind 1500 guys junior to me bidding junior lines and working more days and have a lower quality of life etc. You have had a great seniority advance and now it seem that you want another one. I do not want to take anyones seat or bump any Delta pilot out of his seat. But, I do not want Delta guys junior to me DOH to take my upward movement away. I am just trying to keep WHAT I HAD COMING BEFORE THIS MERGER WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT. PAY MAY COME AND GO RETIREMENT MAY COME AND GO THE ONLY THING THAT IS FOREVER IS YOUR SENIORITY.

If you're MSP, DTW or ANC based and plan on staying there, then my money says you'll never lay eyes on those 1500 guys (maybe a tiny fraction). In fact, once the DAL manning formula is applied (2 CA & 2FO on the long haul stuff) you'll get an immediate QOL bump to the positive.