View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 03:10 PM
DashTrashKing
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2023

Originally Posted by Eagerbeaver View Post
any idea about how many guys join the list every month (or however often they update it)? My scenario is a wired one as I am at a different regional with the end goal of Alaska. QX will have a massively better QOL for me as a captain in the mean time and I Would come in as a prior time candidate and upgrade right away so I’d be eligible for the pathways program before too long. I would just have a brand new seniority number and would get pushed down the pathways list by anyone else that joins that was at QX from the start. If the guys taken by AS from the list outpaces the number of guys joining the list by a good amount I might be in ok shape, but if it’s an even number joining and leaving then it might be a issue for a few years. Thanks for the info and advice!
they update the list every month. Not sure how many join the list monthly. I've heard of QX pilots having to interview for the pathways a couple times to get on the list, not sure why they were initially denied. If you want PDX or SEA as a base you would have no issue holding it as a near direct entry captain.

A fair amount of Horizon Pilots who are on the pathways list end up leaving for SWA, United, Delta prior to flowing to Alaska so it may not be a good method of determing how long flow to AS would actually take.