View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 11:33 AM
Alpine Pilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Position: B1900 Captain

Originally Posted by TXskies View Post
What flight times are competitve in 2024? I applied to a 99 captain position, never heard anything back. The position was deleted from the website so I'm assuming it was filled. I also applied to a 1900 captain out of TUL and haven't heard anything back. Wondering if I'm competitve enough. 1538 TT, 160 ME, 38 Turbine, 100 Night, 1443 PIC, 834 XC, 111 Instrument... willing to live anywhere.
Right now it’s getting competitive to get in the door at Alpine. Most of our bases are fully staffed and we're being a little more selective. However, for pilots that just have Part 135 PIC mins then by all means put in an app when you see an opening because it's not just about the hours. Getting in is also about your overall background and the kind of impression you make in the interview.

TXskies, the 1900 captain position for TUL got filled and trained very quickly, but there might be another coming up in a month or two. As most of us know HR departments aren't always fast at removing filled positions. I brought this up with our Chief and he addressed it with our HR, and as you can see there aren't any open pilot positions on our website at the moment. We also just started a couple new runs in Fargo, but I already have 2 pilots in training for that base right now. But don't worry, there’s usually one or two more openings coming up just around the corner. If you send me your resume I'll look it over and either tell you if there's an obvious issue with it, or just forward it directly to our Chief if I don't see anything. We do keep a short list of qualified applicants to contact when positions open. Send me a PM if you're interested in that and let me know what bases you want the most, but like I said we're fully staffed at the moment.

The bigger bases: Salt Lake City, Billings, Denver, Sioux Falls, Fargo, Atlanta

The small bases: Omaha, Wichita, Tulsa, Ontario (ONT)

The charter base: Denison (GYI)

Anybody else interested in Alpine right now should know that we have no urgent openings. Staffing is really solid so we've been interviewing for classes that won't be starting for a couple months. I know a couple pilots that applied thinking we could get them in training and turn on a paycheck for them within just a couple days or a couple weeks, and that's simply not the case. Even if we opened a job tomorrow and you got an interview the next day it's likely your class would be in May or June. We started the year running a couple classes a month, but demand for new pilots has quickly dropped because attrition is low and we're running really stable. So for now it's just one class once a month and we're not training any new pilots in April because we just didn’t need any.

Last edited by Alpine Pilot; 03-28-2024 at 12:09 PM.