View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 10:48 AM
Boeingthere
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2019
Position: Seat 1 thru 4

Thanks to whoever updated the Kalitta Air profile. Here are just a few more details for potential employees.

1. Sick accrual is sub-par. And if you call out sick day 1, your monthly bid award will be reduced to 64 hrs. So it is possible to bid and be awarded a 14 day 84 hr. line. You will loose 20 hrs. of pay for calling out sick for day 1. Even if you report for duty on day 2 of your bid award.

2. If you call out sick in the middle of your tour and you are above minimum monthly guarantee (64 hrs.) you will be charged a 4 hr. administrative fee.
4 X $117.00 = $468.00

3. You owe the company 16 days a month according to crew resources and management. So on your vacation month you bid 2 weeks, 14 days. You will be required to work the "owed" 2 more days. Or if you bid 7 days at a time in two different months you will be required to work the other 9 days. Point being you are not eligible to bid a ghost work schedule that, with seniority may be a 12,13,14,15,16 day line. And only owe what would have been awarded to you based on your seniority bid.

4. Our pay protection and work rules are typical ACMI, (not even good) OK at best. Here you can be scheduled KJFK - RKSI and CR can put you on a KJFK - KOSC. that's a loss of about 12 hrs. of pay credit. It's sad how much power crew resources has over how much money you earn and your quality of life at work.

5. There is no soft pay here at K4. You will earn every penny in your paycheck. No override pay, no profit sharing, no bonuses. 12% DC is better, but in no way industry standard.

6. 50% deadhead pay. Another example of CR having way to much power over your earning potential. You may be scheduled to operate KJFK - RKSI and now they want you to deadhead. Your 15 hr. pay credit just got cut in half.

7. Long term disability and short term disability are well below any industry standard. And 0 loss of medical insurance.

I'm sure there are several other things I am not mentioning and some here will criticize me for pointing out the short comings of working here. And others who will have several things to add to the improvements list.