Thread: SWAPA STD/LTD
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 02:59 PM
flyguy81
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Originally Posted by symbian simian View Post
I am not SWA, someone in my house is, so don't rely on me for all the details. I would think that going from A to B or back would be seen as a change within the coverage policy without needing a SOH.

And at the eye watering amount we give to the IRS, yes. Not sure if they can do anyting about the non taxable amount. But I guess you will have to pay tax at some point, so at least as you get it over with now, you know how much you have, without having to worry about tax rate changes in the future.
They told us only AA has a nontaxable LOL option so DL/UAL don’t have this issue. Obv I’d love to have the $ put into my 401k…so hoping they can get a IRS exemption or something down the line.

If I’m bringing in half my monthly earnings…I don’t want to pay taxes on that $200k+ just so the $6700 goes into the 401k. I’d much rather pay taxes on the $70-80k NEC at a much lower tax bracket and take the $200k tax free. So I’m not switching from non-taxable.

Suppose you could put the $ into T-bills or CD’s or invest in the stock market in a S&P 500 type fund if you want to keep the portfolio growing if you’re out.