Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 06:34 PM
UnbeatenPath
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Redex View Post
Hey Guys, thanks for the above info, and I should have gotten back to you sooner, but I got a rejection email soon after I submitted. Luckily at 64 1/2 I have figured out that it's OK to get rejected! I think I caused a bit of confusion as I used the website application process, and somehow in the mix I created 2 profiles and could not delete one, and then on the other, I really had no idea how many hours I had so I tried to put 10,000+ but apparently I put 10.000+ which appeared to be "10" hours on the app. I put in a low number so I would not be overestimating. The folks in the HR department emailed me back asking about it, and asked me to send them a resume, and by this time, I had dusted off a resume, and had gotten up to 13,000 hours with more to go, so I updated the resume and indicated 13,000+ hours. That was when the emailed me with the thumbs down. The good news is I finally figured out I have 16,000 all in because this forced me to do the logbook.
Honestly, they probably did me a favor because like Unbeatenpath pointed out, it was going to be a lot of work getting up to speed on REAL flying....unlike the frankly pampered dispatch world I live on now. I am honestly questioning if I could fill out a flightplan! I had to the other day coming home from an airshow because Macdill AFB required one, and I screwed it up and had to call 1-800-WX Brief for the first time in 20 years to fix it. I think that the fact that I could start work in either TPA or MCO was pretty alluring, but I may just enjoy doing nothing.
Anyhoo, thanks for the help guys.
Tom
Maybe consider netjets. They have dispatchers to do your planning (I think flex might as well)